Instructions for Final paper submissions
If your paper is accepted for presentation at the REM 2018 conference you are expected to carefully take into account the reviewer comments and prepare your final paper for publication. Take into account, that these steps may take some time. If you do not submit your work before the deadline, your paper cannot be included in the proceedings and be submitted for publication at IEEE eXplore.
The following steps need to be taken:
- Improve your paper by taking into account the reviewer comments. Do not exceed the page limit of 6 pages.
- Check your paper, especially spelling, formulas, abbreviations (defined at first use!), figures and references.
- Important: Check compliance with the rules of the IEEE Template.
- Important: Sign a eCopyright Form to transfer copyright to the IEEE. Start with filling out the form available from (we had to use this intermediate website, because the form cannot be send from this Converia website):
Fill out the title of the paper, all author names, the number of your manuscript (this is the number in the subject of the email with the paper decision and the reviewer results) and the email adresses of the authors. Click on Copyright Submission and you will be forwarded to the IEEE eCopyright form. Follow the steps to sign the eCopyright form. If you cannot sign this form, your paper cannot be published at IEEE, in this case directly contact the organisation firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Important: Add the IEEE Copyright code to your paper at the place as indicated in the IEEE Template! The Copyright code depends on the authors affiliation (for non-government employed researchers the fourth option (IEEE copyright) is the right one):
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-5413-2/18/$31.00 ©2018 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-5413-2/18/$31.00 ©2018 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-5413-2/18/$31.00 ©2018 IEEE
- Important: Create a PDF version of your paper and validate the PDF with IEEE PDF eXpress, https://www.pdf-express.org/ using the REM 2018 Conference ID: 43317X, also see this instruction sheet. (Please create an account for IEEE PDF eXpress, if you have never done so before.)
- Important: Carefully read the feedback from IEEE PDF eXpress on your PDF and adjust your PDF accordingly. Validate again, and iterate if necessary until your paper is validated by IEEE PDF eXpress. Carefully making use of the IEEE Templates will help significantly to be efficient in this process. If you need help, you may want to contact us at email@example.com.
- Only if your paper has a proper IEEE Copyright code and is validated by IEEE PDF eXpress, you can submit your paper at the REM 2018 conference site using the "Submit a Paper" button.